Sunday, July 5, 2009

A Little Shopping Therapy

Yesterday my sister and I took advantage of a lovely day to drive out to Henniker to the coolest quilt shop in the area, Quilted Threads. I was partly motivated by their impromptu 20% off everything-in-the-store sale.

These are the fat quarters I bought. (I made sure to pick the ones with selvage dots.)I bought half yard cuts of these.I also bought several yards of a beautiful batik I plan to use for my godchild's quilt (the housing development quilt).
I didn't really have any particular project in mind when I entered the shop. They loved my Selvage Shopping Tote. I'll be back at the store later next week, as they are having a big special on Fat Quarters - $1.00 each, with a minimum of 25. They expect to have 20,000 Fat Quarters available.

I am counting the days...

5 comments:

Donna said...

you got some wonderful fabrics there! Love the crossword stuff, and the brown "steam rising" is to die for... :-)

Mary said...

Ah yes - shopping therapy. I used to say it was cheaper than visiting a shrink, but sometimes it isn't - especially when there's a sale that too good to pass up - $1.00 fats is certainly one of those sales. I see you found that measuring tape fabric in gray - that would make perfect siding for a wonky and weatherbeaten cedar shake clad beach house maybe?

Jean said...

What beautiful purchases. Glad to see you are doing your part in helping the local economy. The $1 fats sounds like a fun time....25 shouldn't be hard to find if there are that many!

Linda said...

Wow! You really did well. You found some fabrics I've never seen at all, and aren't they fun! Retail therapy is sometimes just the boost we need.

Anonymous said...

nice post! i love Shopping Therapy :-))