Sunday, October 18, 2009

Pink!

I needed about a dozen different browns, rusts and tans for a special order. Fat quarters were all I needed, so I drove out to the premier quilt shop in my area, Quilted Threads. I found all my browns without any trouble.

Quilted Threads is only 25 miles from my house, but it takes 45 minutes to get there, so I don't get there very often. Every quilt shop has its own personality, and carries things you can't find anywhere else, so I made sure to look around.

Look at this!!The selvages are awesome too.
I'm gonna have a lot of fun with this.

By the way, did you know Pink didn't always refer to PINK?

7 comments:

Mary said...

That label fabric will be a lot of fun.
Thanks for the link to "Pink". Very interesting.

Sara said...

Oh, you are going to have fun with that fabric...

BTW - meant to tell you I really like your Etsy shop...

Oh, so you went to QT - I haven't been there in a long while...It's 36 miles from my house - and takes about an hour!!!

Bethany said...

What great fabric! What is the name of it? I made a quick search and couldn't find it on a couple of online stores that I looked at.

Carol N said...

I go back and forth between your blog and Etsy shop to admire your color choices and quilt combinations.

QT is 20 minutes from my house - store filled with color.

Carol N.

Millie said...

Thanks Carol! For me it's all about the color and the contrast. And surprises. I love juxtaposing things that give the viewer a little jump!

Anonymous said...

Now that IS cool!!!

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

ooh! what a find!!! great fabric!!