Friday, October 30, 2009

Under the Sea

My Fairy Niece colored two all blue houses. The first was here.

I wondered how to make the second blue house unique from the first. My son gave me the idea of making an underwater house. As soon as I heard this idea, I loved it.

I love this house. It is 20-1/2" tall by 18" wide. So far it's my favorite, but each house I make is my favorite of the moment.

I've laid out the blue tape on the floor, and have starting arranging the houses. I need some little ones to fill in some spaces, and I want to make some hearts. Fairy Nephew has asked me to make a watermelon, so that's coming up too. I also have a Very Special House planned, then it will be time to assemble the quilt top.

For those of you who have asked if I think it's OK to "borrow" my idea of having children color houses that you then interpret in fabric, yes, by all means! Please do! Have fun!

5 comments:

Vivian said...

AB-SO-LUTE-LY gorgeous!! This may be my favorite of all that you've made.

Lurline said...

I love this blue house, Lynne - I am sure the kids will be thrilled!
Hugs - Lurline♥

jovaliquilts said...

I love that house, too! It's fabulous. If it weren't for the fish, that fabric would look like a windstorm. Wouldn't a house in a hurricane or tornado be fun to make?

Karen said...

I'm really enjoying seeing your creations from the kids pics! I can't wait to see it all together.I may have to steal this idea!Do you mind?

Barb said...

Oh this is my favorite so far too. I need to get back to my houses but probably won't until the holidays are over. They are just so much fun!