Thursday, January 28, 2010

Flowers

i have long admired Mary Lou Weidman's wonderful, whimsical creations. I particularly enjoy her flowers, as seen in this quilt in her new book, Out of the Box. I ordered it by mistake, but I won't return it, because it's got a lot of great ideas. I really wanted the book about the flowers, which I have ordered.
In the meantime, I tried one of the flowers last night. It looked simple enough, but I think it would have been a bit easier if I made it bigger than 6-1/2".I can see a lot of flowers in my future.

5 comments:

Susan R said...

I just had to tell you how much you inspire me! I read your blog (right after Millie's) every morning and I am amazed at your artistic talent and your continued passion for quilting and creating with fabric!! I am no where near the quilter that you are, (I just started a little over a year ago) and I so enjoy your zest for trying new things. Your blog is wonderful!!

Thank you for taking the time to post!

Susan said...

Oh COOL! I see a quilt with lots of flowers with free pieced letters spelling out WELCOME SPRING!

Unknown said...

I love that book! So inspirational, such bright and cheerful quilts with lots of whimsy!

Quiltdivajulie said...

She taught a week long class at the folk school the week BEFORE I was there . . . I would MUCH rather have been in her class than the one I was in . . . thanks for sharing that WOW flower on this cold and snowy day!

Mary Lou Weidman said...

Hey, I just stopped here again by chance and see you are using my flower patterns-aren't they fun?
Love your work and have enjoyed using words in my quilts too. Too bad we don't live closer!
I added your blog to my link list. Keep up the wonderful work and thank you for mentioning my book.