Friday, June 11, 2010

Doll Quilt Swap Quilts - Sent

These are the quilts I made for the Doll Swaps. The size is supposed to be anything between 12" x 12" up to 24" x 24".

The Four Seasons Quilt from DQS8 is about 21" x 26".
My swap partner had two sons who play stringed instruments, so I used fabric with sheet music as the backing, and made a special house with music coming out of the chimney.
The quilt for DQS7 is 24" square. I added a message for my swap partner on one of the selvages.
For DQS6, my partner liked quilts made with one shape. This one is an homage to the square. It's made with Seminole Patchwork. The squares are 1" finished.

My partner for DQS5 indicated the quilt would be given to her 2 year old daughter, so I made a quilt suitable for a little girl to play with.

For Doll Quilt Swap 4, I was matched with a partner who liked blues, aquas and teals. Her first name began with the letter "L" so I made that one a bit special.

Tomorrow, I'll show the quilts I received in the Doll Swaps.

(you can click the photos to enlarge)

5 comments:

Teresa Rawson said...

Oh, you are so clever...I love them all! I have to tell you that when I first saw your free-pieced trees in your Four Seasons quilt, I had the courage to try a couple myself! They weren't half bad, and now I've made 4-5 to put in my liberated lady swap top. Thanks for the inspiration!

In stitches,
Teresa :o)

Helen said...

What a great wrap up Lynne. Think I'll do the same tomorrow. ;)

Melinda said...

Wonderful quilts - it would be hard to pick my favorite. They are all so different and great!

connie said...

What wonderful quilts. They are all so different and so thoughtful! I am sure the recipients were thrilled. I do love your letters though!

Unknown said...

They are all just fabulous!! I am not sure which one I like better. Just fantastic!