Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Birds of Happiness

I've been working on some birds for my quilt for Doll Quilt Swap 9.

This is Mr Blue, who started it all. Mr Blue is a very happy-go-lucky fellow, who gets along with everybody. I liked the way the swirly batik reminded me of feathers. This is Mr Green, from Vermont (home of the Green Mountains). Mr Green is a quiet guy, doesn't talk much. He's a vegetarian (hence the tiny beak). Again, I placed the green fabric in a was that was reminiscent of feathers.This is Yellow, he's from Southern California, and he's a beach bum, a surfer dude. This Kaffe Fassett fabric simply -asked- me to arrange it this way, and since I had a "thing" going with arranging the fabrics on all the birds to look like wings, I thought I might as well keep it up!This is Ms Gold. In high school her name was Orange, but she changed it because it wasn't "chic" enough. Notice the long legs and the big beak. And yes, the way the fabric is placed on her wing is no accident!Red and Violette birds are coming soon, but I won't get much sewing done today. It's my birthday (I'm 39 again), and I'll be celebrating with my family and friends.

11 comments:

Heidi said...

Happy birthday !
Beautiful birds

Unknown said...

I love the birds. I especially love Mr. Yellow, his wings are just perfect!! Happy 39 again birthday!!

Astrid said...

Happy Birthdaay! Love the birds!
Hope you have a wonderful day with your loved ones!!

Cherie in St Louis said...

Happy Birthday Lynne. I had no idea we were the same age....again, hehehe! Sending you wishes for a wonderful birthday :)

Jeanne said...

I want all those birds in my quilt. I am crazy about all of them. Your mama Jeanne

Mary said...

These birds are amazing. I love them. Have a great day!!!

Deborah said...

Pretty birdies...happy birthday!

Quiltdivajulie said...

You rebel you, breaking that speed limit!! Have a great day!

ABSOLUTELY (!!)
WONDERFUL (!!)
birds ...
Your swap partner is going to LOVE them!

Susan R said...

Oh my, what a beautiful flock of birds!! And the California bird is so true to form. I live in the land of rainbows and sunshine and you sure created a bird that embraces that spirit! I love it.

Happy birthday Lynne. Enjoy every minute of this day, it is your special day indeed.

Susan

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

Happy Birthday! I love the birdies, especially Yellow. I think it's the blue beak that got me:)

Yvonne said...

Hope you had a wonderful birthday! Love the birdies.