Friday, July 23, 2010

Sweet Cream Roses

First things first. My Mom is on medicine designed to dissolve the clot, and she's being closely monitored. She's bummed out about being in the hospital, but considers it a lot better than the alternative. Thanks to all of you for your kind thoughts and prayers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I finally got home last night, after visiting my Mom in the hospital, I found a package from Julie at my door. This was not a surprise, I knew a box was coming.

I fed Millie, read my email, then sat down to open the box. On top was a birthday card. Underneath, a letter.

"Lynne," Julie wrote, "Don't expect a birthday present like this every year! ...Sweet Cream Roses has lost its hanging spot to Baobob," (which lost its spot to the quilt I am making for her) "so it seemed fitting to me that this very liberated beauty should come to live with you!"

"HOLY CRAP!" I said aloud, "Did she send me a quilt?" I dropped the letter, took the bundle out of the box and out slid the most lovely, sweet confection of a quilt I had ever seen.

This is Julie's Sweet Cream Roses, and you can read about it here, and here. It is so yummy, and this picture doesn't do it justice.

I hurriedly read the rest of the letter, and then grabbed the phone to call Julie and thank her.

I love it! It's nothing I would ever make myself, but it's a VERY special quilt, and I'm going to hang it in my dining room for all the world to see!

(after I bring it to work to show off to all my friends, and of course, after I bring it to show my Mom)

Thanks, Julie! You made what started as a rough day So Much Better!




*PS, You have to check out Nichi's post, here. Nichi lives in Italy, and recently visited New England. She also visited My Favorite Quilt Shop, Quilted Threads, and she feels the same way about that I do.


Except it never occurred to me to take pictures! (Lynne slaps forehead... D'oh!)

8 comments:

Tangos Treasures said...

Oh wow is that pretty!!
Hope your Mom gets to come home soon!

Tangos Treasures said...

Oops Happy Birthday!!

Selvage Quilter said...

What a gorgeous quilt!
Happy birthday, and best wishes to your Mom too.

Rose P in PV said...

Happy Birthday, prayers for your mom's recovery, beautiful quilt with dreamy colors.

Tonya Ricucci said...

woohoo, so glad you got a quilt hug in the mail when you needed one.

CatQuilter said...

What a fantastic surprise!

I read your blog and Millie's all the time. The two of you are an integral part of my morning every day! Almost feel a part of your beautiful and loving family.

Best wishes and prayers to your mum for a speedy recovery!

Hugs,
Cathy

Browndirtcottage said...

Wow...I love this little quilt!! I bought a magazine just because it had this pattern in it....hhhmmm, LOL....that was 2 yrs. ago.....

Rachel said...

My mom lives in Weare, I will have to check out that quilt shop very soon!! :) It's nice to know another quilter in NH! :) :)

Cheers!
Rachel