Friday, July 9, 2010

Weekend Frenzy

This is the weekend for the Fat Quarter Frenzy over at my favorite quilt shop, Quilted Threads, in Henniker NH. Thousands of fat quarters are on sale for $1 each.What can I do with a fat quarter?

I can make a skinny little zippered bag,
I can make a wonky house,
I can make free-pieced letters in a name.

I can make something a bit more traditional...
or not.
And I always "harvest" the selvages for something fun.So, am I going to make the trek to QT this weekend even though my house is a disaster, there's a quilt I want to finish and it's still hot-as-hell?


Well, yeah.

1 comment:

Tonya Ricucci said...

fun quilts. boy, you have to be selective about which fat quarters to buy to make sure you get the right one. could be hard if they're all taped up!