Monday, May 30, 2011

A New You, Part Two

Now that the big dinner party is done, and the house is back to normal, I was itching to get sewing. The black rules letters are on the design wall, directly opposite the finished white rules quilt.Since I did a new "YOU" in the white rules quilt, I needed a new version for the black one. I started to make a Y with the same fabrics and colors as in the White version, but as soon as I put it up on the wall the "Rules-y-ness" of it got me. Nope.

I didn't want to slavishly copy the fabrics and colors in the White version. I -had- to tweak it a bit and make it somewhat different. So I thought about it a bit, and decided I would make the word in different colors, but maintain the feeling of the fabrics in the white version. So, wider scale prints in the large areas of the Y and U, and prints with a circular theme in the O, and a fun cat in the dot underneath.

I'll trim the letters a bit in the final layout, but for now I am happy. Next up, a transformation of the "all the" that flow from yellow green to red-violet.

2 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

great colors ... like that you are not going to copy what you did in the white Rules piece.

Camp Stanhope Happenings said...

LOVE those Laurel Burch cats!