Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Arthritis

For those of you who know I have been having back pain for the last month, I've finally got the results from my MRI.

I have arthritis in the lumbar region of my spine. There is physical therapy in my future, and I'll have to exercise and stretch each day. If that doesn't work, I may get some pain injections. We'll see.

I've raised my work table so I can work pain free, and I've had to make other adjustments. It isn't the best news, but it could have been so much worse, so I am grateful.I am working on the Black Rules quilt, and choosing fabrics for the big FUN.

4 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Lots of us deal with it. Some days are better than others, but stretching is GOOD (in case you are tempted to skip it). Ergonomics takes on a whole new meaning now . . . you are NOT alone!

Clare said...

Stretching is good. Very good. I keep on asking DH to rig up some hanging bars for me in our barn so I can stretch after a day at the machine and leaning over the cutting table.

I don't think it's the cutting so much as the piecing.

Tonya Ricucci said...

good luck with the physical therapy etc. pain sucks!

Cathi said...

Arthritis is horrible. I have it in my neck, hips, & thumb joints. Tried several different pain injections; cortisone shots, cervical epidurals (2) & Rysotomy (radio frequency injections to deaden nerves). None of them worked! :( Regular exercise does help and I have a little massager that sends electrical impulses that helps a lot. Voltaren Gel for the thumb joints really works. Good luck to you.