Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Funny

It's funny how something that seems unrelated ends up influencing decisions you make about a project you're working on.

An email discussion with my friend Lynne from the UK (yes, she spells it exactly the same way I do) about Contrast got me to thinking about my Black Rules quilt. Contrast*, I wrote, is nothing more than the way we tell where one thing ends and another begins. It's about edges. "Many quilt patterns rely on the integrity of the edges of the pieces for the design to be a success. Take my letters, for example," I wrote. "Do you ever see me losing my edges? Not unless I want you to..."

That and a trip to my lqs for some BOB (Black on Black) fabrics opened my eyes to a possibility in the Black Rules I had not considered. I am VERY excited about this new development.

It's WAY too late to elaborate now, but remember this? Well, forget it!HAHAHAHAHAHA!




* there are many kinds of Contrast: Hue, Value, Intensity, Temperature, Shape, etc...

3 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Omigosh, what are you up to now?!?!?!?

Jean said...

I agree, most of the time it is all relative to the colors that are next to each other.

rubyslipperz1052 said...

I seem to do LOTS of shuffling when I audition fabrics...I'm not so good at knowing right off the bat what's good.

Luv yor blog...lots of fun stuff!

hugz,
annie
rubyslipperz106.blogspot.com
=) new follower =)