Monday, August 15, 2011

Love and Nasturtiums

I plant nasturtiums every year. I put them near my tomatoes because I read once that aphids love them more than tomatoes, and given a choice, they'll attack the nasturtiums and leave the tomatoes alone.I've found this to be true. Usually my nasturtiums are covered in aphids, and yes, they've left the tomatoes alone.

This year, no aphids. Which was a good thing, because the flowers have been so beautiful I could finally pick some flowers to enjoy in the house.

The photos in the background are my son, one taken when he was in high school, the other when he was four years old.


4 comments:

Pinkadot Quilts said...

They are one of my favorite and overlooked in my opinion! they have such a lovely delicate fragrance. I have the cherry red ones.

Jean said...

Beautiful flowers. I plant some marigolds in the garden, that helps keep the bugs off too.

Just Ducky said...

You can eat them too! Add to your salad.

Terri said...

I guess they have a spicy taste, that's what I've read. Never could get them to grow.
Hugs,