Sunday, September 11, 2011

Katrin's Quilts!

I've only met one of the many quilters who make letters in person. The rest I know by emails and blogs. It is always such a delight to receive letters from readers telling me to "keep doing what you're doing but get more sleep," or "this [addiction to lettermaking] is entirely your fault," or just "I love your work." I get such a thrill, and it always makes my day.

Katrin wrote to me from Berlin, Germany.  She has made these two alphabet Sampler quilts, one for Angelina and the other for Hannah.

I think they're great! I love the birds, the houses, and the fun and unique way the quilts are alike, yet not precisely the same.

Terrific job Katrin!


4 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

They are fabulous...love 'em!

Jean said...

Love these quilts....now I want to get mine finished today!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Super samplers! Mine has been on the back burner ... but not for too much longer!

Michelle said...

I love quilts that are the same but different -- especially when they're related to each other (by the same quilter, but for different people)