Monday, February 20, 2012

Out and About

I started making the letter blocks a bit bigger so I could start joining them together.  Here you may see the small pure white squares surrounded by the eggshell fabric above the o's and the u. In this photo the pure white fallouts in the o's are clearly visible.

This whole thing with the close values (bright white on eggshell) is still kind of an experiment. I'm not quite sure if it will look the way I want it to, but I'm willing to take the risk, because for me, the process is more important than the end product.

Besides, I'm all about pushing the envelope and not playing it safe. You never know what you can do until you push yourself to take a risk. It's only fabric. It isn't gold.

3 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Amen.

The Selvage Fairy said...

Besides, every "Oh, wow!" is worth ten, "Oh, well, too bad"

Judy in Michigan said...

What is the purpose of the different whites above the letters? I see the difference but not sure why you are doing it that way (I like the white cutouts).