Thursday, March 22, 2012

A Dress for SweetBean

The last time I visited my Maryland family, I made a dress for this little girl, whom we call "SweetBean." When her mother told her I'd be visiting, the first thing she asked was "Can Auntie make me a dress?"

The answer was a resounding YES!  We went shopping on Monday and chose the fabric for this little dress together.  This is her trying the dress on so I could see how it fit. She was so eager to try it on she didn't even take her pants off. You can see how happy she is!

Now the dress is finished, and I will be leaving today to go back to D.C. for a few more days of sight-seeing and museum-hopping.

You really didn't think I could go ten days without sewing anything, did you?

6 comments:

sawsan said...

Good dres Auntie for the sweetest girl, but we miss seeing u OUT OF THE BOX

Susan said...

Perfect dress for this wonderful spring weather! Sounds like you are really enjoying your vacation!

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

That dress and smile are priceless. Thanks for sharing.

Smiles,
Kelly

Quiltdivajulie said...

Looks like wonderful things are happening for you and for the 'sticky beans' . . . you NEEDED this vacation! Enjoy your last few days!!!

Anonymous said...

Really cute dress and a beautiful young lady. Enjoy DC - DH and I were there last week and totally enjoyed all of the cherry blossoms.

Pamela in SOMD

Clare said...

Sweet! Enjoy the rest of your vacation. Lots of rest and relaxtion.