Monday, June 24, 2013

Spools, Redux

I've made all my spool blocks, and trimmed them all to size. (The Bali Pop strips were not exactly 2-1/2" wide, which was annoying.) I cleared the dining room to start laying out the blocks.

 I remembered Julie had said she laid hers out according to the magazine article where she found the design. I wasn't sure I'd do that, until I started moving the blocks around. There are eight different sized blocks.


I surrendered, and lay them out like the diagram in the magazine. I may make some minor adjustments, but for the most part, this is the way the flimsy will look. I will decide on borders later. I have THE COOLEST fabric for the backing of this quilt!
 


2 comments:

Sharon said...

Sheesh, 8 different sizes of blocks?? That looks like it would be a real painful process to re-invent how to lay out all those blocks! I know how you feel - I almost refuse to follow a pattern anymore! hee hee!

Your blocks look good! I've heard that the Bali Pops aren't all that accurate in size. Better to trim than not to fit is my theory.

Unknown said...

What magazine did Julie find this Spools pattern in? I like how the spool proportions are much nicer that most of the blocks I've seen. Quilter in SC