Saturday, July 13, 2013

Fat Quarter Frenzy

The annual Fat Quarter Frenzy is at Quilted Threads this weekend, so naturally I took Friday afternoon off so I could get there early.
I picked up a lot of "bundles." In this photo, the fabrics in each row were bundled together (except that black and gold in the middle row.)
 This was another big  bundle.
These were the individual FQ's I selected.

In all I bought 62 fat quarters, which is the equivalent of 15-1/2 yards of fabric. Each FQ was $1.45 USD, or a savings of about 52%.

Of course, once I brought these home they had to take a trip through the washing machine and the dryer.
The stray threads had to be trimmed from the edges.

The fabrics had to be ironed.
And folded.


The long drive up to QT provided me a wonderful opportunity to work out my story in my head. I now have a much better beginning, and a tighter storyline.


3 comments:

Megan said...

Wowza! What a haul!

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Quiltdivajulie said...

I love the mental freedom that comes with longer drive times - DH and I both capture lots of great ideas while driving (and/or in the shower). Happy for you!! (and coveting your FQ haul)

Quilter Kathy said...

What a great haul...wonderful choices :)