Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Colors of the Digital Pinwheel

The digital pinwheel blocks are easy to make, so once I settle down in my sewing room and get to work it's easy to make four blocks at a time. I've made four greens, four teals and one blue one. I'll make eight different colorways, and my plan is to use different WOWs for the backgrounds.

Green (this probably ought to be "yellow green", but we'll see what happens. This is a "stash-busting" quilt, so I am using what I have.)


Blue Green (Teal)

Blue (I particularly like the WOW for this one.)

Note: the pattern is Digital Pinwheels and it's from the Modern Neutrals book by Amy Ellis.

5 comments:

Megan said...

I love the colours and, yes, that last WOW is the most interesting.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Mary K said...

I love the block pattern. I am always liking for quick usual patterns for charity quilts. I might have to (cough couch) borrow this one.

Tamara Hampton said...

I may have to borrow it too! that is perfect for my precut scraps!

Quiltdivajulie said...

This is going to be an awesome quilt . . . isolating the bits of colors in the white lets them shine!

Unknown said...

Can you please tell me, Is the digital pinwheel a traditional block or one designed by Amy Ellis?