Friday, November 8, 2013

Fabric Hunt

No sewing last night. I needed some more of the background fabric so I drove up to my favorite quilt shop, Quilted Threads in Henniker NH.

I also wanted some more greyish fabric for the letters, another light grey or two for a background, a brighter blue-ish for something that has yet to appear in the quilt, and anything else that might look good.

The middle grey is a possible background, the grey on the left is for letters, the muted teal will probably be letters and the blueish on the far right is for something I haven't sewn in the quilt yet.

This burnt orange will make an appearance later. The grey on the right is the same as the one in the photo at the top.

The fabric on the left above is the background fabric I went to QT for. The fabric on the right is something I saw as I was heading to the cutting table. I had walked around the entire store three times and thought I looked at everything, but I missed it until my last pass. It hit me, and when something like that hits me, I've learned to pay attention. I don't know if it will end up in this quilt, but I bought two yards.

I don't usually buy fabric I am in love with unless I have a plan for it. Otherwise, if I love it too much, I won't cut into it, and that's fatal.  But this might just show up in the quilt somewhere.


And back to the SOS. Queenie, it's generally known as "Mystery Meat" on a Shingle. You can use your imagination for the correct first word.

1 comment:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Fabulous colors . . . CB has some of that 2d gray in your first photo. It is even more wonderful in person.