Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Honk Honk. Got Geese?

Last night I made some flying geese triangles and threw them up on the design wall. This is getting closer. I have made a few adjustments since this photo was taken. The fork is out, and I've changed the direction of the two geese just above the "LET THE".  Btw, I have to re-make those letters. They need to be redder. That may happen tonight. There are other small changes that need to be made, but those aren't going to interfere with the grand plan.

My best pal Julie made a suggestion that I have implemented. Kudos to those who see it. It has to do with the word sandwiches. I mention it to tell you all that sometimes very good ideas come from outside yourself. Pay attention! 

The Selvage Fairy put into words yesterday what I knew intuitively but did not know specifically: that the geese flying every which way was like a maze that didn't end until you let the chicken go. Thank you SF!

3 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

LOVE IT!



Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I love, love, love what you're doing here! It is one GRAND plan!! Awesome.

Sewgirl said...

Hi Lynne,

Did you see the cartoon in todays paper called "For Better or Worse"? It so reminded me of your quilt, only the kid was complaining about the turkey leftovers instead of chicken. If you don't get the paper, send me your snail mail and I can send the clipping to you.

AKA: Nancy, the quilter you met in the Boston airport last fall as you were flying to bring THE RING.