Thursday, January 28, 2016

Of Birds, Eggs & Signatures

When Gerald Roy first appraised my quilts he asked if I signed them. I replied that I did, and I showed him. "Not big enough" was his comment.  Since then I've made sure to make them "big enough."

 This will be on the back of the birds quilt, Flight of Fancy.

Can you see what the letter fabric is? They're not rocks.

they're EGGS!! I thought it was perfect. This will be the binding of the quilt too.

The rest of the backing will be these green leaves.

 And, of course, there had to be a bird! (Yes, the beak is the egg fabric).


And if you don't think the signature is big enough, check it out next to my hand.

10 comments:

Megan said...

I'm declaring it big enough Lynne!

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Nancy J said...

Wonderful, the signature and the fabric.And the size!!!

Poppy Q said...

It looks awesome Lynne.

Purple Boots and Pigtails said...

Nice!
Fun fabric for the letters!

suzanne, dutchess county NY said...

Perfect! Love the fabrics you use.

Pat said...

This is just brilliant. Love the bird. Love the eggs. Love the leaves. Brilliant!!

Quiltdivajulie said...

It is perfect !!

NeverBored said...

Absolutely love it! The signature, the quilt top, the fabric choices, everything! I think it is my favorite of all your creations and I've thoroughly enjoyed seeing it come to life!

Helen said...

Hi Lynne, the eggs are perfect!! Best label I have seen for 2016! :) x

Ann said...

Perfect fabric for this quilt. Great idea to piece your name.