Sunday, July 17, 2016

Birds, Birds, Birds Class at Quilted Threads

I taught a Birds class yesterday at Quilted Threads. It was a fun day of birdmaking, and the students made a lot of terrific looking birds. Here is a sampling:




I don't do pastels or soft colors, but DAMN, this bird is stunning!








Donnie and Laura drove from New York State to take the class and stayed in the local B&B the night before.  Before they left they asked for a picture of me with the Flight of Fancy quilt.  Well, sure!

A good time was had by all, and the students were thrilled to receive the new bird tutorial, Lynne's Liberated Birds, to take home. You can purchase it here.

6 comments:

Nancy J said...

Lovely flock of birds, clever ladies to do all that in one class.

ES said...

I like that last photo best :) big smiles. You all definitely enjoyed yourselves:) and some great birds were put together today.

Pat said...

What a great flock of birds. Looks like fun was had by all.

The Selvage Fairy said...

I left your "special child" with the ladies there on Friday. Did you get it?

barbaradougherty126 said...

WOW, they are fantaastic! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the yellow one near the end. So cool. I bought your pattern and can't wait to make my own!

Megan said...

Fabulous birds. I especially liked Donnie's, with the pansy print on its feather.

Megan
Sydney, Australia