Friday, July 29, 2016

Man Of Kent

It's a five and a half hour drive to Syracuse NY from my house in New Hampshire. It ends up being longer because you have to stop a couple of times along the way, to eat and to.. you know.

We were driving along through Hoosick Falls NY when an interesting sign caught my attention. I tried to read it, and finally came up with Man Of Kent.

It was a tavern and cafe.

And the parking lot was full.  The place was on a curve, and as we drove around, the parking lot just kept getting bigger, and even the "overflow" parking lots were full. "Is that still for Man of Kent?" my Mom asked.

"Yeah," I replied, looking over quickly. "We're going to have to check that out for the ride home tomorrow. Any place that's THAT busy has got to be good."

This morning, over breakfast in the hotel, I did an internet search for Man of Kent and found their website, then I checked over on Yelp! for reviews. MOK consistently got five stars and some of the reviews were very recent (like last week recent). Next I checked out their menu. (Here's the page for Main dishes.)We decided we'd check it out on the way home. We figured we'd get there about mid-afternoon. We hoped the place would be empty (because the reviews said they were always busy.)

To say the place was eclectic is an understatement of epic proportions. But everybody was friendly and all the food is cooked to order. Mom and I shared an appetizer (Dynabites, which were truly dynamite), and then ordered dinner. Everything was delicious, and we'd actually drive almost three hours to eat there again. 

So, exactly HOW MUCH did I love this place?
Yeah. That's an MOK sticker on my car.

3 comments:

Nancy J said...

The menu is fantastic, was there any desert? After the first course, maybe no room for any more.

Megan said...

What a hoot! Like Nancy, I guess I'd be more interested in hearing about dessert than appetisers.

Megan
Sydney, Australia

Just Ducky said...

A full parking lot is a good sign of a good place to eat. Or one that always seems to have people lined up to get a table. Fun to find new places to eat on the road!