Sunday, June 11, 2017

Barns on Barns

When Julie sent her quilt, See Rock City, to hang in Quilted Threads for the summer, she asked if I could take the quilt out for some beauty shots.

"Wouldn't it be cool if we could hang it on a barn?" I wondered.

As I drove up to Henniker on Saturday to teach a barn class, I realized I had a terrific opportunity. Quilted Threads is attached to a lovely red barn that faces the parking lot, and it is in full sun early in the morning. I'd be able to take a good photo if there were no cars in the lot. At 9 AM, I was lucky. No cars. (QT opens at 10 AM)


Mission Accomplished.


But check this out. The quilt, See Rock City, hanging in front of Quilted Threads's barn (a photo of which is in Julie's book, Build-a-Barn, and over there, across the street, the Henniker barn I recreated in fabric.


One final thing.. Julie had asked if I could take a photo of the quilt draped over the sign.

Sure thing!


7 comments:

Brown Family said...

Beautiful quilt. Such lovely settings for the photos!

Nancy J said...

Great photo shoot, and draped, superb.!!!

Linda Swanekamp said...

How absolutely, positively perfect! Julie must just love the barn-barn photo!

The Selvage Fairy said...

Last time I was at QT I noticed that the white barn is looking a little worse for wear. Somebody needs to show your quilt to the owner to inspire a fix-up.

Millie said...

Dear SF, yeah I noticed that too. The house has been cut up into apartments. Probably housing for the students of the local college. In that case the new owner is unlikely to pay much attention to the barn, which is a real shame.

Just Ducky said...

Glad you did a few close up beauty shots too.

Quiltdivajulie said...

I absolutely LOVE these photos, Lynne -- they are priceless in so many ways!!!! Thank you for the extra effort!