Saturday, November 4, 2017

The Box and The Shirt


The Box from my brother and sister-in-law, not surprisingly, arrived in a bigger box.


Removing the crushed paper and extra cardboard, I uncovered this. The box was wrapped in one of my brother's old corduroy shirts.

 Really. Notice the buttons on the shirt are all buttoned up!


I actually had to unbutton the shirt to get the box out. I texted my brother "You are too funny by half."

His reply? "You can keep the shirt."

I DON'T THINK SO!

Like I told one of my colleagues later, "I'm going to send the quilt to them wrapped in his shirt."

"Oh no," she replied. "You send it to them wrapped in one of YOUR shirts."

"Oooo... what a good idea!" I told her, "That's EVEN BETTER!!!" (Gee, I hope I have a shirt big enough to wrap around the quilt...)




Oh, you want to see pictures of the box itself? Sorry, gonna have to wait on that. I have some binding to sew.






7 comments:

Eat Sleep Quilt said...

That shirt was too funny! It's as if it was saying "Now what??" then "keep going!" and finally "ta daaaaa!"

Just Ducky said...

What I think is cooler is that the shirt color is close to the binding color you chose!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

LOL.......

Sewgirl said...

I'll take the shirt...someone just showed us pillows where they used an old men's shirt for the back. Use the button area for inserting your pillow form.

Dru said...

Maybe if you button one of your shirts to his shirt it'll make a big enough wrap for the quilt. Ha!

Pat said...

Everything else aside, I love the second photo with the sleeves of the shirt spead out. The photo looks like some sort of modern painting (photo realistic, of course). I don't think you are going to be able to wrap the quilt in your shirt so I think you should deliver it in person.

UplayOnline said...

What I think is cooler is that the shirt color is close to the binding color you chose!


แคมฟรอก